Followers

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

PRODUCT REVIEW - THIN LINE PRODUCTS

Six months ago or so a dressage trainer introduced me to the Thin Line Pad. My horse at the time and I both suffered from back problems and it was love at first sight with the super thin, super shock-absorbent pad. We both felt much better using this pad.

A short time later, I got a pad of my own. I chose the Thin Line contour pad which is slightly thicker than the Ultra Thin Line I originally rode in because, according to the company literature, it was specifically made for people or horses with back issues. The Thin Line has nearly as much shock absorbency but allows for a slightly closer fit. According to the company website, www.thinlineinc.com, “Ultra ThinLine is the only saddle pad endorsed by surgeons for riders with back problems.” I don’t know about surgeons but I can tell you it made a huge difference for my horse and me.

I was so enamored with the pad that I bought their open front and hind boots as well. Not very scientific of me, but I figured quality was quality; if the company’s product worked that well on my horse’s back they should be just as protective and shock absorbing on the legs. I love the fit and the fact that they are so easy to take care of. They also disperse heat and have anti-fungal agents that promote healthy skin no matter how many horses you use the boots or pads on.


Michelle tried the pad out and was soon ordering a pad for herself. Next thing I know she’s telling other clients to get one and now nearly everyone uses the pads and some even have the boots as well. Here’s what Michelle likes about the product:

“For horses that need a little protection I love the contour pad because the saddle stays put (no rolling or shifting side to side) and it doesn’t interfere with saddle fit. The sheepskin saddle pad is great for horses who are a little more sensitive/cold backed, but you don't feel like your too far from your horse. I love the open front boots for their clean look and shock absorbing protection in a lightweight, great fitting boot. Even Dixie doesn’t get boot rubs with these. The full boots have a great cut. The hind boots esp. cover everything important and have a double Velcro closure that ensures they stay put. They are easy to clean (very important) and heavy duty enough to wear for cross-country. So far I love everything Thin Line and you know how picky I am!!”

And she is very picky, trust me. On a final note, the other great feature of Thin Line products is that they are much more affordable than comparable boots and pads from other companies. I truly believe that you get what you pay for but in this case, Thin Line goes above and beyond to give you a great, durable product at a really reasonable price.

So that’s the Sapphire recommendation for the week. (The pictures here are from the Thin Line website, fyi -- check it out for more views.) Best of all, they have a 30 day money back return policy so you know they believe in their product.

No comments: